The WLAN Deployment model ensures the right solution for your business and is a blueprint of the process of how to deploy a Wi-Fi network. We can assist you in every step, from the start of the WLAN RF design to installation, validation, optimization, and auditing to keep your wireless network healthy and ensure an optimal user experience for all wireless clients.
Validate an existing Wi-Fi network and Remodel it to new WLAN Requirements
The Verification WLAN RF Design service is the third phase of the WLAN Deployment Model. However, the combination with “Remodeling” puts us back to phase one (the WLAN RF DESIGN Phase). In this context, there is already an existing Wi-Fi network present. Still, it is unknown whether the current WLAN Network meets new WLAN Requirements or if you want to upgrade to a new WLAN Standard and reuse the existing ethernet cabling as much as possible.
When do you need to Verification WLAN RF Design with Remodeling?
- Validate an existing Wi-Fi network that needs remediations to meet new WLAN RF requirements (devices and applications).
- RF health check-up of your existing Wi-Fi network, with remediations if required (after building renovation, new warehouse racking layout).
- You want an upgrade of your current Wi-Fi network and want to reuse the existing ethernet cabling as much as possible!
Prerequisites and Deliverables
The following topics are the prerequisites and the deliverables for a Verification WLAN RF Design with Remodeling.
- Access to all defined coverage areas during the on-premises measurements
- Make sure that the “AP Name” is broadcasted in the beacons of ALL configured SSIDs
- List of current TX-power settings of all active radios
- Interference Analyses
- Spectrum analysis (non-Wi-Fi interference)
- Wi-Fi interference
- RF Design Analyses
- Visual inspection (AP installation check-up)
- Signal Strength, Primary Signal (heat maps based on the Least Capable Supported Device per frequency)
- Signal Overlap, Secondary Signal (heat maps based on the Least Capable Supported Device per frequency)
- High Density/Capacity validation (based on the capacity forecast, if applicable)
- Co-Channel Contention validation (heat maps based on same channel overlap seen from the Least Capable Supported Device)
- Recommendations & action plan
- As-Is results compared to the new WLAN Requirements
- To-Be results towards the new WLAN Requirements
- Action Plan for fine-tuning (optimization) of the RF environment
- Installation Report and install details for each access point
What can you expect from this service?
A detailed analyses report with the As-Is results of the current status of your Wi-Fi network compared with the To-Be results for the new requested WLAN Requirements. Recommendations with an action plan to optimize your RF environment (if applicable) for your wireless clients’ optimal performance and user experience.
A complete kit list for all required hardware and a detailed install document for each access point.
After completing this phase, our WLAN engineer will be available for a remote presentation of the gathered results and assist you in the further steps of the proposed action plan.
This report can be considered the as-built report for your Wi-Fi deployment.