The WLAN Deployment model ensures the right solution for your business and is a blueprint of the process on how to deploy a Wi-Fi network. We can assist you in every step, from the start of the WLAN RF design to installation, validation, optimization, and auditing to keep your wireless network healthy and ensuring an optimal user experience for all wireless clients.
Validate a Wi-Fi network (unknown or known network)
In this case, we refer to an “unknown” Wi-Fi network as a Wi-Fi network that’s not been originally designed by Skyline Networks, where we do not have an insight on the status of the previous stages of the WLAN Deployment Model.
During this on-premises intervention, we validate the existing “unknown” Wi-Fi network towards the defined WLAN requirements, including a visual install check-up of all access points, antennas, and access point mounting accessories. The WLAN requirements are discussed during the information gathering phase (RFI questionnaire/Kick-Off meeting).
When do you need this service?
- Validation of the WLAN RF Design and the Install phase as part of the WLAN Deployment process (fine-tuning RF environment)!
- RF health check-up of your current Wi-Fi network!
- You want to upgrade to a newer 802.11 standard and want to know if the current AP layout is sufficient and want to reuse the existing cabling as much as possible!
- You want to know if your current Wi-Fi network supports new Wi-Fi devices/applications which were not in the scope of the first WLAN RF Design (as an example – VoWLAN on iPhones)!
Prerequisites and Deliverables!
The following topics are the prerequisites and the deliverables for a Verification WLAN RF design (unknown network).
- Initial WLAN RF Design Report (if available)
- Up to date floor plans
- Access to all defined coverage areas during the on-premises measurements
- Make sure that the “AP Name” is broadcasted in the beacons of ALL configured SSID’s (also hidden)
- List of current TX-power settings of all active radio’s
- Interference Analyses
- Spectrum analysis (non-Wi-Fi interference)
- Wi-Fi interference
- RF Design Analyses
- Visual inspection (AP installation check-up)
- Signal Strength, Primary Signal (heat maps based on the strictest supported device and application)
- Signal Overlap, Secondary Signal (heat maps based on the strictest supported device and application)
- High Density/Capacity validation (based on the capacity forecast, if applicable)
- Co-Channel Contention validation (heat maps based on same channel overlap
- Recommendations & action plan
- Overall conclusion for all deliverables with recommendations and action plan for fine-tuning or remodeling of the RF environment (if applicable)
What can you expect from this service?
A detailed analyses report towards the status of the current health of your Wi-Fi network, recommendations with an action plan to optimize your RF environment (if applicable) for optimal performance and user experience of your wireless clients.
After completion of this phase, our WLAN engineer is available for a remote video presentation of the gathered results and assists you in the further steps of the proposed action plan.