The WLAN Deployment Model
The WLAN Deployment model ensures the right solution for your business and is a blueprint for deploying a Wi-Fi network. We can assist you in every step, from the start of the WLAN RF design to installation, validation, optimization, and auditing, to keep your wireless network healthy and ensure an optimal user experience for all wireless clients.
Greyfield WLAN RF Design
When a WLAN deployment is present, the existing access points must be upgraded to newer models or a different Wi-Fi vendor. Based on a Greenfield WLAN RF Design but comes with a thorough passive survey to locate the existing access points. The cabling of the current access points will be reused in the new WLAN RF Design if applicable.
- When upgrading access points to newer models
- When changing the access point vendor
- Reuse of existing Wi-Fi cabling (if applicable)
Onsite RF Design Activities:
- Local Kick-Off meeting (small scope overview before startup)
- RF interference measurements (Non-Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi): Ekahau ESS + Sidekick
- Passive survey to locate existing access points cabling positions
- WLAN RF Design in the 2.4GHz band, APoS + Ekahau modeling based on the Least Capable Supported Device.
- WLAN RF Design in the 5GHz band, APoS + Ekahau modeling based on the Least Capable Supported Device.
- WLAN RF Design in the 6GHz band, APoS + Ekahau modeling based on the Least Capable Supported Device.
- Photo round of all access point locations
- Executive Summary
- Bill Of Materials
- Scope description
- Results RF Interference analyses (Wi-Fi & non-Wi-Fi)
- Results WLAN RF Design analyses in the 2.4GHz band (Heat Maps)
- Results WLAN RF Design analyses in the 5GHz band (Heat Maps)
- Results WLAN RF Design analyses in the 6GHz band (Heat Maps)
- Access point layout of the existing WLAN Infrastructure, including a plan showing which cabling points can be re-used in the new WLAN RF Design
- Detailed Installation Report
- Install and configuration matrix in excel
Technical project overview in a Teams session.
- Measurements procedures
- Scope Overview
- Kit list
- Installation proposals
- Configuration proposals
Need more information or a quote?
Are you interested in our Greyfield WLAN RF Design service? Do not hesitate to contact us for more information.