The WLAN Deployment model ensures the right solution for your business and is a blueprint for deploying a Wi-Fi network. We can assist you in every step, from the start of the WLAN RF design to installation, validation, optimization, and auditing, to keep your wireless network healthy and ensure an optimal user experience for all wireless clients.
WLAN RF Design with Audit
A new WLAN RF design where the existing access points must be upgraded to more recent models or a different Wi-Fi vendor. Based on a Greyfield WLAN RF Design but comes with a thorough passive survey to locate the existing access points and to analyze and document the As-Is heat maps of the current Wi-Fi deployment. The cabling of the installed access points will be reused in the new WLAN RF Design if applicable.
- When upgrading access points to newer models
- When changing to a new Wi-Fi vendor
- Reuse of existing Wi-Fi cabling (if applicable)
- The coverage results of the existing WLAN deployment need to be documented (As-Is):
- To justify the WLAN upgrade (As-Is vs To-Be)
- To prioritize site upgrades depending on Wi-Fi survey results
Onsite Design Activities:
- Local Kick-Off meeting (small scope overview before startup)
- RF interference measurements (Non-Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi): Ekahau ESS + Sidekick
- Passive survey to locate existing access points cabling positions and audit the existing Wi-Fi deployment
- WLAN RF Design in the 2.4GHz band, APoS + Ekahau modeling based on the Least Capable Supported Device.
- WLAN RF Design in the 5GHz band, APoS + Ekahau modeling based on the Least Capable Supported Device.
- WLAN RF Design in the 6GHz band, APoS + Ekahau modeling based on the Least Capable Supported Device.
- Photo round of all access point locations
- Executive Summary
- Bill Of Materials
- Scope description
- Results RF Interference analyses (Wi-Fi & non-Wi-Fi)
- Results of the new WLAN RF Design analyses in the 2.4GHz band (To Be Heat Maps)
- Results of the new WLAN RF Design analyses in the 5GHz band (To Be Heat Maps)
- Results of the new WLAN RF Design analyses in the 6GHz band (To Be Heat Maps)
- Results from the existing WLAN RF audit in the 2.4GHz band (As-Is Heat Maps)
- Results from the existing WLAN RF audit in the 5GHz band (As-Is Heat Maps)
- Results from the existing WLAN RF audit in the 6GHz band (As-Is Heat Maps)
- Access point layout of the current WLAN Infrastructure, including a plan showing which Wi-Fi cabling points can be reused in the new WLAN RF Design
- Detailed Installation Report
- Install and configuration matrix in excel
Technical project overview in a Teams session.
- Measurements procedures
- Scope Overview
- Kit list
- Installation proposals
- Configuration proposals
Need more information or a quote?
Are you interested in our WLAN RF Design with Audit service? Do not hesitate to contact us for more information.